AHLA is not just for lawyers. Compliance professionals and non-lawyers can benefit from access to a host of valuable educational opportunities and materials when they join AHLA, attend our educational events, or purchase our publications.
The increasingly complex health care environment means compliance professionals must have a firm grasp of legal issues. Likewise, lawyers need to understand the practical realities in which compliance professionals operate. Membership in AHLA helps foster this critical dialogue and understanding.
Top Ten Reasons Why Compliance Professionals Should Join AHLA Now!
- Benefit from the in-depth distance learning series on advanced compliance best practices on hospitals & health systems, Medicare Advantage plans, ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long term care, home health & hospice topics. You can purchase these informative webinars (plus presentations) On Demand. (Discount for Members)
- Join a community of, and exchange best practices on complex compliance issues with, compliance professional colleagues in Research, Academic Medicine, Privacy, Fraud and Abuse, Long Term Care, Physician Practices, Hospitals & Health Systems. New members get one free practice group enrollment - choose the one that best suits your needs, or pay just $55 for additional groups!
- Learn latest compliance issues and trends first hand from the regulators in Baltimore, MD, at the Institute on Medicare & Medicaid Payment Issues & the Fraud and Compliance Forum in-person programs. (Discount for Members)
- Discount to compliance resources such as the Fraud and Abuse for Coders, Compliance Legal Issues Manual, Data Breach Notification Laws 50 State Survey. (Discount for Members)
- Free practical toolkits such as the Real Estate Lease, Stark, Cloud Computing and EMTALA Toolkits
- Free detailed summaries of the Office of Inspector General and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Advisory Opinions
- Fifty state survey of fraud and abuse law
- Timely email alerts, member briefings and newsletters on the latest compliance issues that matter most to you.
- Speaking and writing opportunities in a national forum for professional development
- AHLA's Mentoring Program can match you with a partner who can help you take your career to the next level. Or you can consider serving as a mentor!
Other AHLA Resources for Compliance Professionals