View the Brochure
In-depth breakout sessions at the Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute will focus on legal challenges faced by physicians and their counsel, the legal challenges faced by hospitals and health systems and their counsel, and the legal issues of interest to both segments of the health care delivery system. Topic areas covered at this program include compliance, fair market value, fraud, transactions, and payment. Again this year, we will offer a track of eleven sessions on February 7 that will focus on health information and technology, such as big data, EHR, cybersecurity, integrated health information records.
Topics on the full 3 day program will include:
- Lessons Learned from Leasing the Physician Practice to the Hospital or Health System: The Life Cycle of PSAs and More
- A Real-World Look at Private Equity Investments in Health Care: What It Means for Providers
- MACRA 2.0: Navigating the New Course of QPP in CY2018 and Beyond
- 2018 and Beyond: New Ways Providers Are Using Telemedicine and Digital Health
- Strange Bedfellows or Successful Business: Navigating New Payer-Provider Arrangements
- Ensuring Safety and Compliance during Difficult Patient Encounters
The planning committee strives to plan a high quality, practical program that will meet the educational needs of our members. We hope you will make plans to join us in New Orleans! The program will begin in the morning on Monday, February 5 at 8:00 am and end on Wednesday, February 7 at 3:40 pm. For those interested in just attending the Health Information Technology track on Wednesday, there is a one-day rate available.
In Association with Louisiana State Bar Association and the Louisiana Hospital Association
If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsorship opportunities at this conference, please contact email@example.com.
Cancellation / Substitutions
Cancellations must be received in writing by January 22, 2018. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations received after the cancellation date. Registration fee, minus the $125 administrative fee, will be refunded approximately 3-4 weeks following the program. If you wish to send a substitute, need more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies please call (202) 833-1100 prompt #5. Note that the registration fee is based on the AHLA membership status of the individual who actually attends the program.