Health Care Experts and Government Insiders to Speak During Annual Meeting of the
American Health Lawyers Association
June 28-July 1 in Washington, DC
WASHINGTON, DC, June 26, 2015 – The American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) invites you to join more than 1,500 health care industry experts in Washington, DC, for the Association’s Annual Meeting and In-House Counsel Program. Both programs will be held at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Washington, DC, from June 28-July 1, 2015.
Both events will offer in-depth educational sessions on current issues in health care legal issues, presented by nationally recognized attorneys, consultants, academicians, and government officials. In addition to a keynote presentation from Ezekiel J. Emanuel, Chair of the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania, the programs will offer a number of notable speakers at the Association’s luncheons held each day.
Luncheon topics on June 29, 30, and July 1 will offer a variety of perspectives on important issues, including:
- Roundtable Discussion of Hot Legal Topics in Behavioral Health
- Health Information Privacy and Security: Successes and Challenges in a Changing Health Care Environment
- Problems and Best Practices for Hospitals Complying with 501(r) Regulations by Year-End
- Policy Developments in Health Care Fraud, Waste, and Abuse—Congress and Beyond
- Overview of CMS’ Audit and Enforcement Strategy
- From Inception Through Litigation: Keeping Peer Review, QA, and QI Materials Confidential
- Pragmatic Strategies to Enable Hospitals to Continue Physician Affiliations and Mitigate the Risks of Being the Next St. Luke's Case
- The Shift from Fee-for-Service to Value and Quality-Based Payments
Members of the press or media are eligible for a complimentary registration to all sessions at the programs, and may attend the luncheons for a small fee. To register as press for these programs, contact Allison Beard (202) 833-0779, or email email@example.com
# # #