Back to Volunteer
We are currently accepting proposals for the following programs:
2017 Tax Issues for Health Care Organizations
October 18-20, 2017
Proposals Due, April 3, 2017
2017 Fundamentals of Health Law Program
November 6-8, 2016
Proposals Due: April 28, 2017
- Different perspectives matter. Great topics often include speakers from different backgrounds – private attorneys, in-house counsel, government, consumers, providers, senior and junior – pairing up to present different views on the submitted topic.
- One session cannot have two speakers from the same firm/organization.
- AHLA and the program planning committees value and seek diverse and inclusive participation within the Association and share a commitment to having speakers represent a broad cross-section of gender, race, ethnicity, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, and disability.
- Suggest a very advanced or masters level topic. Most sessions submitted hit the “intermediate” level of audience knowledge. We’d like to include some very advanced topics submitted by qualified speakers
If selected as a speaker, the information you provide will be used in the program brochure. Please be sure the spelling is correct and all relevant titles, information about degrees, and credentials are included.
The Selection Process
Each of our in-person programs has a Board appointed planning committee. The individuals on the planning committee are highly qualified experts in the area of focus for the program.
AHLA posts a Call for Speakers for each program. The due date for proposals is based on when the program will be held and is generally 6-9 months prior to the program. (Example: A program held in the fall will have a due date of early spring that same year)
The planning for each program begins approximately 4-6 weeks following the due date of the proposals. AHLA staff enters and compiles the proposals for the planning committee during this time. It is important to submit a proposal prior to the due date to ensure your proposal is included in the materials that the planning committee reviews.
AHLA’s in-person programs are the hallmark of the Association. The planning committees strive to plan high quality, practical programs that will meet the educational needs of our members. Depending on the number of proposals we receive, the topic and faculty selection process can take up to 3 months. Faculty who are selected will be contacted by a member of the planning committee. Those who are not selected will hear from AHLA when the program is finalized. This could be up to 4 months from the proposal due date. Your patience during the planning process is very much appreciated.
- Our program material guidelines are available on our Speaker's Resources website.
All individuals chosen to speak at an AHLA in-person program will receive a complimentary registration to the program. Additionally, speakers traveling from out of town will be reimbursed for the following:
- Hotel stay (the number of nights covered depends on the length of program)
- Incidentals (the allowance is based on the length of the program)
- Travel for those who are in-house counsel, compliance officers, academicians, or government representatives. We do not cover travel for those in private practice or consulting firms
For questions, please contact Laurie Garvey. To ensure your proposal is submitted properly, please follow the instructions above.