Welcome to the Post-Acute and Long Term Services Practice Group (PALS PG). We keep you informed on the most up to date and relevant case law, legislative initiatives, and important trends across the entire spectrum of long term care services.
Here are the top five things you can do to make the most of your membership in the PALS PG:
Plan to attend Long Term Care and the Law (Held each February in New Orleans, LA): This program focuses on cutting edge issues that are front and center within the post-acute continuum, featuring speakers from leading in-house and outside lawyers for the long term care industry. Panelists typically discuss legal, compliance, and operational issues faced by providers.
- Register for a webinar or listen to an archived webinar: Web-based seminars focus on complex and current legal issues, challenges, and developments that impact post-acute and long term care services. Click here to access a list of upcoming and past webinars sponsored by the PALS PG.
- Join the Long Term Care Topical Community: Discussion includes issues relating to both the regulation and operation of all types of long term care facilities. You are automatically enrolled in the community based on your Practice Group enrollment and/or Preference Center selections.
- Sign up for an Affinity Group: Available at no additional fee, Affinity Groups facilitate networking and provide educational opportunities for members who share similar professional interests. If you did not select an Affinity Group when you joined AHLA, you can still do so. Simply complete and return this enrollment form or call AHLA's Member Service Center at (202) 833-1100, prompt #2. PALS PG members can enroll in the following Affinity Group:
Check out the PALS PG Topical Library: This is where you can access the most relevant and recent AHLA publications and resources related to your practice area. It's the hub for AHLA content on AMCTH.
In addition, here are other benefits available to you through the PALS PG:
- News and Analysis: Timely alerts are delivered directly to your inbox—when a new law, regulation, or decision is published, we do the initial legwork and summarize it for you.
- Great Opportunities for Involvement: The PALS PG leadership welcomes and encourages members to become active participants by writing, speaking, tweeting, serving as a mentor, and taking on other leadership roles. Visit www.healthlawyers.org/volunteer to view available volunteer opportunities.
- Task Forces: For those health law topics that cross over several Practice Groups, AHLA has established Task Forces that produce collaborative, substantive resources for the benefit of the sponsoring Practice Groups' members. PALS PG members are automatically enrolled in
Representing providers of long term care services requires you to understand many complex legal issues facing your clients. We hope that your active participation in the PALS PG will help you in serving your clients' needs.