Welcome to the Labor and Employment Practice Group (LE PG). We monitor industry concerns as they relate to employers in the health care and life science industries, including all health care providers, facilities, payers, suppliers, and manufacturers.
Here are the top four things you can do to make the most of your membership in the LE PG:
- Register for a webinar or listen to an archived webinar: Web-based seminars address the legal, financial, and operational issues raised in connection with labor and employment issues as they related to employers in the health care and life science industries. Click here to access a list of upcoming and past webinars sponsored by the LE PG.
- Join the Labor and Employment Topical Community: It is designed for use by health care lawyers, both inside and outside counsel, as well as health care executives. Questions and discussions may cover any employment law topic including employment litigation, human resources, and traditional labor relations. You are automatically enrolled in the community based on your Practice Group enrollment and/or Preference Center selections.
- Sign up for an Affinity Group: Available at no additional fee, Affinity Groups facilitate networking and provide educational opportunities for members who share similar professional interests. If you did not select an Affinity Group when you joined AHLA, you can still do so. Simply complete and return this enrollment form or call AHLA's Member Service Center at (202) 833-1100, prompt #2. LE PG members can enroll in the following Affinity Group:
Check out the Labor and Employment PG Topical Library: This is where you can access the most relevant and recent AHLA publications and resources related to your practice area. It's the hub for AHLA content on Labor and Employment.
- Immigration Affinity Group: Disseminating information on employment immigration topics and provides updates regarding immigration legislation and executive branch actions.
In addition, here are other benefits available to you through the LE PG:
- News and Analysis: Timely alerts are delivered directly to your inbox—when a new law, regulation, or decision is published, we do the initial legwork and summarize it for you.
- Great Opportunities for Involvement: The LE PG leadership welcomes and encourages members to become active participants by writing, speaking, tweeting, serving as a mentor, and taking on other leadership roles. Visit www.healthlawyers.org/volunteer to view available volunteer opportunities.
- Task Forces: For those health law topics that cross over several Practice Groups, AHLA has established Task Forces that produce collaborative, substantive resources for the benefit of the sponsoring Practice Groups' members. LE PG members are automatically enrolled in
o Accountable Care Organization, Payment Innovation, and Health Care Reform Educational Task Force: This group provides members with a variety of information and resources relating to accountable care organizations, integrated care models, and other health care reform initiatives designed to improve quality and lower costs, for better population health.
o Behavioral Health Task Force: This group monitors and evaluates these laws and developments through written materials, webinars, and in-person educational activities so that AHLA members are better equipped to advise clients on behavioral health topics.
Addressing the health care industry concerns related to employment law, employment discrimination, immigration, union-management disputes, and other issues that affect employers requires you to understand complex legal issues raised by your clients' business operations. We hope that your active participation in the LE PG will help you in serving your clients' needs.