Welcome to the Health Care Liability and Litigation Practice Group (HCLL PG). The Practice Group addresses issues that encompass all areas of potential liability that affect health care providers, suppliers, and manufacturers, and keeps its membership current on developments in the litigation and trial of health care disputes involving hospitals, payers, integrated delivery systems, and individual physicians, as well as manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and diagnostics.
Here are the top four things you can do to make the most of your membership in the HCLL PG:
- Register for a webinar or listen to an archived webinar: Web-based seminars address recent decisions, new laws and regulations, and other substantive matters that are unique to the health care industry and clients. Click here to access a list of upcoming and past webinars sponsored by the HCLL PG.
- Join the Patient Care Liability and Litigation Topical Community: Discussion includes discovery, privilege, legal precedents, and recent cases. You are automatically enrolled in the community based on your Practice Group enrollment and/or Preference Center selections.
- Sign up for an Affinity Group: Available at no additional fee, Affinity Groups facilitate networking and provide educational opportunities for members who share similar professional interests. If you did not select an Affinity Group when you joined AHLA, you can still do so. Simply complete and return this enrollment form or call AHLA's Member Service Center at (202) 833-1100, prompt #2. HCLL PG members can enroll in the following Affinity Group:
Check out the HCLL PG Topical Library: This is where you can access the most relevant and recent AHLA publications and resources related to your practice area. It's the hub for AHLA content on HCLL.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Affinity Group: Provides a forum to network and educate members regarding legal developments and best practices in addressing conflicts within the health care system.
In addition, here are other benefits available to you through the HCLL PG:
- News and Analysis: Timely alerts are delivered directly to your inbox—when a new law, regulation, or decision is published, we do the initial legwork and summarize it for you.
- Great Opportunities for Involvement: The HCLL PG leadership welcomes and encourages members to become active participants by writing, speaking, tweeting, serving as a mentor, and taking on other leadership roles. Visit www.healthlawyers.org/volunteer to view available volunteer opportunities.
- Task Forces: For those health law topics that cross over several Practice Groups, AHLA has established Task Forces that produce collaborative, substantive resources for the benefit of the sponsoring Practice Groups' members. HCLL PG members are automatically enrolled in
- Accountable Care Organization, Payment Innovation, and Health Care Reform Educational Task Force: This group provides members with a variety of information and resources relating to accountable care organizations, integrated care models, and other health care reform initiatives designed to improve quality and lower costs, for better population health.
- Behavioral Health Task Force: This group monitors and evaluates these laws and developments through written materials, webinars, and in-person educational activities so that AHLA members are better equipped to advise clients on behavioral health topics.
- Enterprise Risk Management: This group is committed to advancing the understanding and application of enterprise risk principles to the health care industry.
Working in the health care liability and litigation industry demands knowledge of the business issues facing your clients. We hope that your active participation in the HCLL PG will help you in serving your clients' needs.