Representing hospitals and health systems requires you to understand the many and complex legal issues raised by your clients� business operations. Your clients turn to you, but who can you turn to for informative and reliable resources to help you stay on top of your practice area? The Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group (HHS PG) is here to help you master the legal, financial, and operational issues that you need to know to meet your clients� needs.
As a member of the HHS PG, you will have access to these benefits and others:
- Email Alerts and Member Briefings: Immediate email alerts and member briefings about new developments, often before the news hits the press. When a new law, regulation, or decision is published, we do the initial legwork and summarize it for you.
- Webinars: Web-based seminars address the legal, financial, and operational issues raised in connection with healthcare transactions and business strategies and their impact on hospitals and health systems. These programs are presented by top in-house and outside counsel, often with the participation of high-level government policy makers, and are offered at a discount to our members.
- Newsletters: In-depth and timely articles written by some of the best attorneys in the nation who represent hospitals and health systems in all aspects of their businesses.
- Networking Opportunities: You will have numerous opportunities to interact with other attorneys who confront the same issues that you do in representing hospitals and health systems. AHLA's annual Hospitals and Health Systems Law Institute, In-House Counsel Meeting, and Annual Meeting provide opportunities for in-person interaction and networking amongst members, while our discussion list enables members to bounce ideas off one another.
- Great Opportunities for Involvement: The HHS PG leadership welcomes and encourages members to become active participants by writing, speaking, and taking on other leadership roles. We currently offer a Leadership Development Program, through which attorneys at various stages of their careers enhance their leadership capacities by working side by side with our leaders on PG initiatives.