On behalf of the leadership of the Fraud and Abuse Practice Group, we are delighted to welcome you to the American Health Lawyers Association and to invite you to join our Practice Group. It has never been more critical to receive timely information about fraud and abuse issues for your clients, and the Fraud and Abuse Practice Group would like to help.
Our Practice Group will keep you informed about fraud and abuse and compliance issues, and developments in enforcement activity. We do this through the following resources:
- Email Alerts on enforcement activity such as settlements, judicial opinions, and indictments (drafted by our Enforcement Committee);
- Detailed summaries of each OIG and CMS Advisory Opinion as it is issued (drafted by our Advisory Opinion Committee);
- Member Briefings, which provide more detailed summaries of fraud and abuse developments;
- Our online Practice Corner, where most of the information above is kept for ease of viewing at a later date; and
- Fraud and Abuse Bootcamp Webinar Series, Webinars, Roundtable Discussions, and other educational programs on current fraud and abuse topics.
New AHLA members receive one complimentary Practice Group enrollment for their first year of membership (a $50 value). To enroll in the Fraud and Abuse Practice Group, call AHLA at (202) 833-1100 (prompt #2). If you have any questions about the Practice Group, feel free to contact Vice Chair for Membership William Mathias at email@example.com or (410) 347-7667. Again, welcome to AHLA, we hope that you find your membership here as valuable as we do.
Mark Bonanno, Chair
Gary Herschman, Vice Chair of Educational Programs
Laura Laemmle-Weidenfeld, Vice Chair of Strategic Activities
Heather O'Shea, Vice Chair of Publications
William Mathias, Vice Chair of Membership
Carol Poindexter, Vice Chair of Research and Website
American Health Lawyers Association
1620 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006-4010
(202) 833-1100 (phone)
(202) 833-1105 (fax)