Friday, February 1, 2013
This webinar is brought to you by the Fraud and Abuse Practice Group.
This webinar will consist of a panel of healthcare attorneys with substantial experience advising ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) on important operational and strategic matters that could potentially lead to fraud and abuse exposure. The panelists will provide practical advice on how to address common issues that frequently arise for ASCs in order to minimize legal and regulatory risks.
This will be an advanced and interactive presentation, with participants being invited to provide questions and input both in advance of and during the webinar.
Some of the specific topics to be covered include:
- How to redeem (remove) physician owners, and under what terms (buyout, non-compete, etc.)?
- How to minimize legal/regulatory risk when all "safe harbor" requirements are not being followed?
- How to structure anesthesia arrangements in light of Office of Inspector General (OIG) Advisory Opinion No. 12-06?
- Billing for office-based vs. ASC procedures.
- Selling "shares" to new physician owners (on what terms, price, etc.).
- Converting freestanding ASCs to hospital-based facilities, with co-management agreements involving physicians.
If you would like to submit a relevant question to our panel, please email the Practice Groups staff by Friday, January 25, 2013. Due to time constraints we cannot guarantee that all submitted questions will be addressed on the webinar, but every effort will be made to cover as many of them as possible.