AHLA Top Honors, now in its eleventh year, gives the Association the opportunity to honor the organizations behind our members - those law firms, companies, plans, government agencies, universities, consulting firms, accounting firms, and more who consistently and enthusiastically encourage and sustain their members' and employees' affiliation with AHLA (based on the membership data as of April 30, 2014).
AHLA is pleased to recognize the top ten law firms that have the largest number of members for the period ending April 30, 2014.
- King & Spalding LLP (269)
- Polsinelli PC (189)
- Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman PC (171)
- Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP (152)
- Husch Blackwell LLP (141)
- Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky & Popeo PC (127)
- Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz PC (122)
- McGuireWoods LLP (120)
- Epstein Becker & Green PC (118)
- Squire Sanders* (117)
AHLA Top Honors also includes the following lists:
- Law Firm Rankings
- Recognizing Health Plans
- Recognizing Health Organizations, Companies, Universities, Health Systems
- Recognizing Consulting and Accounting Firms
- Government/Academic Bundle Participants
- Firms with 100% involvement of health law practice group members
- Top Two Firms and Non-Firms by State
- Honor Roll of Firms by Region
- International Honor Roll
- Firms and non-firms having members enrolled in 10 or more Practice Groups
- Firms and non-firms having the most members enrolled in each of the 16 Practice Groups
- Honor Roll of Public Interest Donors
- Companies, Firms, and Organizations with Public Interest Donations (2013 Calendar Year)
Beyond Top Honors - 2014
Every year, our editorial staff also works to find ways to recognize more firms that may not be in the “Top Ten”, or may not be the largest in their state, but who are nonetheless very active in AHLA and who are players in the health law field.
This year, we decided to shine a light on two such firms who not only have been involved in AHLA activities for many years, but who have also added significant numbers of new members in 2014. DLA Piper LLP has 49 AHLA members in AHLA, a significant jump from their 13 members last year. Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC also increased their investment in AHLA membership, from 3 members in 2013 to 13 members in 2014.
We wanted to know from these firms what may have prompted their increased AHLA involvement, what benefits their members use the most, how the rise in health care law work has increased at their firm, and to get a few predictions from their experts of upcoming trends. READ THE ARTICLE
*The recent name change of Squire Sanders to Squire Patton Boggs occurred after the cut-off date for Top Honors calculations.
How can you make sure your firm or company is listed in next year's Top Honors? The list of top law firms is based on the number of AHLA members the organization has, including non-attorneys, paralegals, and others in your group who have made a commitment to advance their professional development by joining AHLA. If you are interested in establishing a group bill (paying for 10 or more new members/renewals at the same time), contact Clark Campbell. For more information about “Top Honors," contact Kerry Hoggard.