In June 2012, the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) Board of Directors and AHLA’s Board of Directors approved a joint membership initiative that enables both organizations’ members to benefit from membership in the other’s organization.
NAMSS membership provides AHLA members with access to more than 4,500 individuals responsible for medical staff and credentialing services from medical group practices, hospitals, managed care organizations, and credentials verification organizations. AHLA’s network of nearly 13,000 members who practice in law firms, government, in-house settings, and academia welcome NAMSS members and makes them a part of AHLA’s Medical Staff, Credentialing, and Peer Review Practice Group. It’s a win/win for AHLA members and a win/win for NAMSS members:
When NAMSS members join AHLA for a special discounted rate of $110, they receive the following:
To join AHLA, NAMSS members should call (202) 833-1100, extension #2 or fax this membership form to (202) 833-1105.
When AHLA members join NAMSS, they receive the following:
- Discounts to educational opportunities including in-person programs as well as live and recorded webinars and online programming through the Online CE Center.
- Access to networking outlets including LinkedIn and the NAMSS Discussion Forum (a members-only resource meant to encourage networking and idea-sharing among medical staff professionals (MSPs) in all realms of medical staff services and credentialing).
- Discounted admission to the upcoming 38th Annual Conference & Exhibition at The Hilton New Orleans Riverside in New Orleans, LA, October 4 - 8, 2014.
- Access to and inclusion in an online membership directory.
- Free subscription to Synergy (official magazine of NAMSS, published six times a year); NAMSS members and experts in the field write Synergy articles that address the challenges members face in the credentialing environment, including legal matters and other information that directly affects MSPs.
- Opportunities to serve on selected NAMSS committees.
- Subscription to the NAMSS monthly e-newsletter.
To learn more and to join NAMSS, click here.