Practice Groups (PGs) are composed of volunteer members who share a similar work setting or interest in specific areas of health law and who wish to increase their level of expertise in and knowledge of health law issues, grow professionally, gain valuable leadership experience, and network with other health lawyers from across the country.
As a PG member—and for only $50 per enrollment—you will receive the following:
- FREE Email Alerts on breaking news and developments;
- FREE Electronic Newsletters;
- Substantial savings on registration for Webinars;
- FREE registration to Roundtable Discussions and Educational Calls that are sponsored by those PGs that you enroll in and/or access to post-event recordings and materials;
- FREE Member Briefings and Executive Summaries on important issues;
- FREE Toolkits of resources to benefit your practice;
- FREE Tutorials you can listen to at your computer or on the go;
- Discounted luncheon presentations held at AHLA’s in-person programs;
- Special PG enrollees-only areas within the PG section of AHLA’s website;
- Networking opportunities you cannot get anywhere else; and
- Additional timely updates and numerous benefits offered by Affinity Groups and Task Forces that are sponsored by the PGs.
Access the PG glossary to get more details about each of these benefits.
Read the descriptions of our 16 unique PGs.
Need more reasons to join? Access samples of the vast range of benefits that PGs provide.
If you are an AHLA member but haven't yet enrolled in one or more PGs, use this form. Members enrolled in a PG receive a range of additional benefits, products, and services (the value far exceeds the cost). When you select and pay for at least four PGs, you are also able to opt into the remaining PGs for a nominal fee. This option enables a member to access all the PG's websites and receive electronic benefits such as email alerts and access to toolkits, tutorials, newsletters, member briefings, executive summaries, and roundtable discussion recordings.
AHLA members who are eligible to join the AHLA as an academic, government, or student member automatically receive: access to all PG websites at no additional charge, email alerts produced by all PGs, deeply discounted webinar registration rates, and comlimentary registration to roundtable discussions and educational calls.
We wish to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of the individuals who have shared their invaluable expertise throughout the past years. We thank them for their time, enthusiasm, and dedication to PG-sponsored publications, projects, and activities. Join us in applauding them for significantly contributing to the mission and success of the PGs and the Association.
To access complete lists of PG volunteers for the past several years, please visit the PG Volunteer Recognition webpage.