The Hospital Medical Staff of the Future Webinar Series, Part I: The Role of the Medical Staff in an Era of Healthcare Consolidation, Health System Reform, and Increased Physician Employment
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
This webinar series is brought to you by the Medical Staff, Credentialing, and Peer Review Practice Group and is co-sponsored by the Labor and Employment and Physician Organizations Practice Group, and The National Association Medical Staff Services.
This webinar will delve into the role of the hospital medical staff in the past, today, and in the future, and will include a discussion of:
- The traditional role of the hospital medical staff and how and why it is evolving;
- Contemporary challenges to the traditional role including declining physician participation, causes of, and tips for addressing the friction between employed and independent physician members of staff;
- The rise of physician ventures, and the possible impact of health system reform on existing regulatory standards;
- The role of the medical staff of the future as leaders and drivers of change and in the maintenance of traditional duties such as credentialing and privileging, and oversight of quality;
- The effects of competitive physician ventures; and
- How hospitals and medical staffs can ensure future success.
Access a general overview and more detailed information about each part of the The Hospital Medical Staff of the Future Webinar Series.
- Barbara A. Blackmond, Esquire
Horty Springer and Mattern PC, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jay A. Gregory, MDChair, AMA-OMSS Governing Council
Muskogee Regional Medical Center, Muskogee, OK
- Arthur D. Snow, Jr., MD
Vice Chair, AMA-OMSS Governing Council
Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Mission, KS