We are currently accepting proposals for the following programs:
Institute for Health Plan Counsel - Submit a Proposal
April 9, 2014
Proposals Due: December 3, 2013 - Extended to December 6, 2013!
If you would like to be considered as a speaker for an AHLA in-person program, please click on 'Submit a Proposal' for the program you are interested in. Proposals are sent by email and should include the following information:
- Title of Program(s) (see list of programs and due dates above)
- Contact Information (name, title, firm/organization, address, city, state, zip code, phone, email address) for each presenter
Title of Proposal
- Audience: Short paragraph describing the audience for whom your topic is intended and why the subject area is of importance
Bullet Points: List four to six bullet points that describes the specific issues you plan to cover (please note that sessions are one hour in length.)
- Level: The level that the session is intended to be:
1) Introductory 2) Intermediate/Legal Update 3) Advanced
- Type of Materials: The Association encourages speakers to provide practical take-aways, such as sample contract language, draft policies, or checklist as a part of their written materials. Please indicate what type of take-aways you anticipate providing. Please review our policy on materials.
- Biography: Please attach a resume or curriculum vitae that includes a list of previous presentations for each of the presenters. Please also indicate whether or not you are a member of AHLA and if so, in what Association activities you have been involved such as to which Practice Group(s) you belong, what leadership position(s) you hold or have held, whether you have authored an article or publication, and/or whether you have spoken at an in-person program or on a webinar.
Please note: While multiple people from the same firm/company are encouraged to submit proposals for a particular program, please be aware that AHLA does not pair two speakers from the same firm on the same session and we limit the number of speakers from a particular company/firm on each program.
If selected as a speaker, the information you provide will be used in the program brochure. Please be sure the spelling is correct and all relevant titles, information about degrees, and credentials are included.
For questions, please contact Laurie Garvey. To ensure your proposal is submitted properly, please follow the instructions above. All proposals should be emailed to email@example.com.