We are accepting speaking proposals for the following in-person programs:
Legal Issues Affecting Academic Medical Centers and Other Teaching Institutions - Submit a Proposal
January 22-23, 2015
Proposals Due: August 4, 2014
Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute - Submit a Proposal
February 2-4, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Proposals Due: August 11, 2014
Long Term Care and the Law - Submit a Proposal
February 23-25, 2015
New Orleans, LA
Proposals Due: August 15, 2014
Institute on Medicare and Medicaid Payment Issues - Submit a Proposal
March 25-27, 2015
Proposals Due: August 25, 2014
Health Care Transactions - Submit a Proposal
April 16-17, 2015
Proposals Due: September 12, 2014
If you would like to be considered as a speaker for an AHLA in-person program, please click on 'Submit a Proposal' for the program you are interested in. Proposals are sent by email and should include the following information:
- Title of Program(s) (see list of programs and due dates above)
- Contact Information (name, title, firm/organization, address, city, state, zip code, phone, email address) for each presenter
Title of Proposal
- Audience: Short paragraph describing the audience for whom your topic is intended and why the subject area is of importance
Bullet Points: List four to six bullet points that describes the specific issues you plan to cover (please note that sessions are one hour in length.)
- Level: The level that the session is intended to be:
1) Introductory 2) Intermediate/Legal Update 3) Advanced 4) Masters Session: Life members (AHLA members who have belonged to the Association for 15+ years or more) may also submit proposals for a Master Session which are presentations covering advanced topics in an interactive, roundtable format that assumes a sophisticated level of knowledge on the subject of the program.
- Type of Materials: The Association encourages speakers to provide practical take-aways, such as sample contract language, draft policies, or checklist as a part of their written materials. Please indicate what type of take-aways you anticipate providing. Please review our policy on materials.
- Biography: Please attach a resume or curriculum vitae that includes a list of previous presentations for each of the presenters. Please also indicate whether or not you are a member of AHLA and if so, in what Association activities you have been involved such as to which Practice Group(s) you belong, what leadership position(s) you hold or have held, whether you have authored an article or publication, and/or whether you have spoken at an in-person program or on a webinar.
Please note: While multiple people from the same firm/company are encouraged to submit proposals for a particular program, please be aware that AHLA does not pair two speakers from the same firm on the same session and we limit the number of speakers from a particular company/firm on each program.
If selected as a speaker, the information you provide will be used in the program brochure. Please be sure the spelling is correct and all relevant titles, information about degrees, and credentials are included.
For questions, please contact Laurie Garvey. To ensure your proposal is submitted properly, please follow the instructions above. All proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.